small group health insurance for mgia members
With a group health insurance program, the business is the policy holder and all participating employees are offered the same benefit option(s) from which to choose. Employees may pay for all or part of their premium through payroll deduction. Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan offers group health insurance plans for groups of two or more employees. All plans are compliant with Health Care Reform and are categorized within products by platinum, gold, silver and bronze metal tier levels.
Creditable Coverage Standards For Pharmacy Benefit
To find out which plans meet the creditable coverage standards, please select a link below:
Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan | Blue Care Network
You’ll find complete details on the Creditable Coverage section of the Federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website.
Other Small Group Plans
2023 BCBSM Small Group Medical Product Menu (PDF)
For a more detailed benefits-at-a-glance for the plans listed below, please contact your health insurance representative, Heidi DuMond at 800.878.6765, ext. 440 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 BCN Small Group Product Menu (PDF)
For a more detailed benefits-at-a-glance, please contact your health insurance representative, Heidi DuMond at 800.878.6765, ext. 440 or via email at email@example.com.
Blue Care Network is the HMO option available from the Blues and offers a suite of HMO products.
If you are interested in a PPO or HMO please call 800.878.6765 for more information.
Listed below are the census form and other tools that you may need to manage your group health plan.
- 2023 New Subscriber Enrollment, Change of Status Form
- Census Form
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) Limits and Info, Frequently asked questions
- Summary Plan Description Template
- Sample Letter for Summary Plan Description
- Coverage Notice Required for Groups Offering Rx Plans
- Model Notice Letter Word Format (for editing)
- Model Notice
Group and Individual Programs Available
Today’s financial world requires a wide variety of insurance and financial options to address both your individual needs and the needs of your employees. Member Insurance Solutions offers both group coverage plans as well as individual programs. For more information, or a personal appointment, please call us at 800.878.6765.
The Major Differences Between Simply BlueSM and Community BlueSM
The most significant difference is that with Simply Blue, the full contract deductible must be met before any claims are paid by BCBSM. Other differences include:
- Office Services: Co-pays apply with Community Blue, deductible and co-insurance apply with Simply Blue
- Emergency Room Co-pay not waived for accidental injury with Simply Blue
- Physical, Speech, Occupational Therapy: Simply Blue allows 50% fewer treatments
- Out-of-Network Referrals are subject to out-of-network cost sharing with Simply Blue
Word to the Wise
Never submit manual claims for multiple family members to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in one envelope. For better service, use different envelopes.